Pages

February 3, 2011

Forward movements

The promised tilling of the garden area has still yet to happen, and of course, we are anxious... even though there are a bazillion other things that are keeping us overly busy. I cleared the pantry closet this week and it is actually a pantry closet now! :) The just haven't made it to the barn suitcases, computer boxes and various other items that created the "junk closet" now have official homes and the pantry has been reclaimed! This also opened up counter space in the kitchen where I was full speed ahead set up to use as a temporary sewing nook! It's a perfect size, and located far from dishwater and oven... The Girl set it up all pretty for me and everything...

And then, in the great sewing debacle of 2011, the machine took a big ole poo. Or maybe it was my melt down after being unable to stitch more than an inch between the bobbin jamming and knotting, or the thread snapping... the needle breaking was a bit over the top I thought, but I continued to unjam bobbin... even re-threading wondering if I had screwed that up somehow... it's been a while since I've sewn, so it is possible... new thread on the top, this one must be old? right.... snapping every few stitches... the tension is set correctly, I even googled it to be sure... tension is (and was) set fine. An hour later, my glasses thrown to the floor, the machine moved to the center island in the kitchen because maybe the lighting isn't good enough?!! Poooooof

The fabric is here, the panels washed, pressed and one partially sewn, and my motivation floundering... on to the next project until a new machine can be found. Curtainy fabric looks nice in this basket on the counter top :)

The little house which is to be my space for reckless abandon and creativity is in a state of repaint / claim it / clean it ... and this has brought me significant pleasure... being able to scoot away and work in here this week has been a gift and I am excited about the possibilities that will grow up and out of here...

We also began a bit of the yard gardening, which will be more of a design as we go and have the items I use in my daily doings. The 1st of February was Imbolc and when the Girl and I were driving up our road to home, I caught sight of four to six wild pigs rounding the edge of a clearing into a wooded area between pastures... it was so cool! Why I don't keep the camera with me all the time here still drives me bananas... (then I have to rationalize... would I really have been holding it looking out the window as we rounded this familiar bend on the way home...???) Once the Teen and the Boy were home from school, we planted strawberries and worked in the yard for a bit. The goats were playing and we were laughing... celebrations are sweet.

Yesterday was a drawn out day in town, where we did not go grocery shopping and why I'm still procrastinating about that is uncertain (except... I really don't like that store...) This morning has been blissfully quiet and relaxing as the music plays, the dogs go to and fro and the coffee keeps coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what'cha think ❤