Pages

February 7, 2011

SoulCollage

Sunday I left the house two hours earlier than needed which lead to time on my hands and no coffee in my cup... which meant a trip into Carrboro for a refresh and a walk. I am more and more in love with this state with each scoot away from my little farm. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the nations first university... is an amazing campus, so beautiful... so full of history and beautiful architecture and little squirrels running about enjoying the sunshine. I sat with my coffee and watched as people entered and exited churches (there are a bundle of them surrounding the school), the smells and sounds of the local eateries firing up for brunches and the clean fresh rain smell from the days before... it was a good place to settle my nerves and relax before the collage class a few miles away...


The SoulCollage Playshop that Stephanie Anderson Ladd conducted was completely wonderful... and I think it could become fairly addictive... Here are two of the cards I made in class on Sunday, and I have already started more... there is a story that goes with... my story and I will share that in time too I think, but today I'm sharing these... this process is so liberating and revealing and well, I need more rubber cement to continue! :) It was a good feeling to be around the artsy folk and look forward to the next encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what'cha think ❤