Pages

May 28, 2012

The Countdown gets some rain

In 7 weeks I will be 41... somedays, this does not make me smile, I haven't figured out why
(ain't never  been an issue before..?!)


The skies tell amazing stories, echoing loudly with stormy clouds 


Crying softly, after the dark, thunder has subsided


drinking and whispering condolences and encouragement


providing nourishment to the forest friends and families.
The daily storms that have been passing through, thanks to tropical storm Beryl have been beautiful. We are fortunate that they are not strong enough to cause any damage (so far) to our region, although I have lost a few tomato and squash blossoms to some fairly agressive and large hail bits (grrrr) .... I wouldn't trade it. I find myself looking forward to these huge gray thunderclouds rolling in, the giant bowling ball sounds bashing around above my head, and then the down pour of quarter-sized rain drops plopping in a rapid fire fall of speed... my blouse yesterday was soaked through and I just ran from the back porch down to the chicken coop to close their door (and back again)... took less than a minute... and then, in about 20 minutes the storm had calmed, the drizzles had started and the ground loves that here. The forest and foliage love it... the BUGS love it... I truly love it. (not the bugs so much) Happy Sunday ya'll........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what'cha think ❤