Pages

February 18, 2011

My Morning Boy


The Boy and I share the fondness for early mornings... we can often be the minority in our four person household (odd how that works out...) None-the-less, the two of us, like this morning, will drop what we're doing and get side tracked with something outside or talking about something dreamy we remembered from our sleeping hours and end up... late. Which is why I'm posting the picture of him running to the bus, not one of the two doe that were in the field... I couldn't find the camera fast enough, we were awestruck and giggly.

I like to think the two of us as having some cosmic water baby astrological connection. We pretty much keep our schedules together and (mostly...) each morning he scoots onto that school bus and I wave goodbye, coffee in hand. Moving to our CharmedFarm, has allowed me to be here each morning and most afternoons this school year and it has been, in a word... Rewarding.

It has also been something we have never been able to do for either of the beans, and the Girl and I are both seeing the benefits of having a parent at home.... even though, our beans are no longer pea-pods. I read many articles on the benefits of having strong parental bonding in the early years... and I do firmly believe that if given the opportunity (you know that tried and true hind-sites 20/20 statement...) we would have done what ever we could, to have stayed home with them more when they were younger... too. I used to comment to myself and Girl that this friend, or that, was always gone and their teenage XY was always on the computer/phone/watching TV/playing video games/blahblahblah... and how we needed to try to keep the kids active and involved in things outside the electronic world (I still feel this way, unmonitored internet/gaming/phone activity is such a pet peeve.) I'm not shy when it comes to this topic... if I am having a conversation (or trying to) with a young person and their phone chimes or sings and they grab for it and start texting away while continuing to gab (this goes for some unfortunate adults too) it is a complete lack of manners and consideration. And before I get off on some completely OTHER topic :) I will stop here and refocus... while the Teen may not be happiest since she has been relocated some 2581 miles from her bestest of best friends and has had some tragic teenage moments since we've arrived, she too, said she liked having someone (me) home... being available.

And the Boy... well, he's still in the mode where he loves his moms and can't get enough of us; which we know will be changing far too soon. There are times now where he disappears for a few hours at a time, and still others where we wonder if he will live with us until he's 35... but for today, I am heading to see him at school, getting the Principals Award for the 5th grade... making us proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what'cha think ❤